Branching video overview
Branching or "choose your own adventure" is a popular type of interactive video. In a nutshell, it brings a viewer to different parts of a video, or new video entirely, based on how they interact with it. You can read more on the basics of branching here.
If you created a lesson using the Brightcove Interactivity LTI integration you can do branching in two ways.
You do In-video branching just as you would in a single project. For information, see Creating an In-Video Branching Project.
Video to video branching
You can branch from video to video by following this technique.
- Create a lesson.
- Create a second lesson (the next video where you'd like the viewer to branch to).
- View the second lesson as a student. Copy the URL of that lesson.
- Go back to the first lesson. Add an annotation (text, hotspot or image) that the viewer would click to branch to the next video.
- In Link (ON CLICK EVENT) / Load external URL:, paste the URL to the second lesson.
- Click Submit and then Done.
- Test by viewing this first lesson as a student. Clicking on the annotation should load the second lesson.